31 July 2013

7.31.13 Deficit Conventional

This French TDM band recently changed their name to Gorod from Gorgasm to avoid confusion with the American Gorgasm.  Here's their newest album.


I had planned on trying 405 x 5 again today, but I could tell this morning that the hip was just not up for it.  Instead, I did some deficit conventional pulling, which is much easier on the hip.

Conventional Deficit
365 x 3
405 x 3


I'm mildly surprised at my strength on deficits.  Off the floor is my biggest weakness in conventional, so I thought my deficit would be much lower than from the floor, but it's clearly not very much lower at all.  The first things that comes to mind is that my neural efficiency has improved (read: I got better at the movement) significantly since I just started pulling conventional for the first time in years.  The only problem is that the bar is coming away from my shins right off the ground, which I need to fix.

I tried to do some front squatting.  That wasn't as easy on the hip as I thought, so no go.  Then, I tried some olympic squats, but that wasn't feeling great, either.

Reverse Hyper

Abs

Using a strong band, I did some band distraction mobility work that I got from Supertraining.tv and MobilityWOD.  It seems to have worked wonders.  I'm hoping that continuing to do this for the rest of the week while protecting the hip from anything that bothers it - like any form of squat or sumo deadlift - will get it back to the point where I can push squats again on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment