14 November 2014

14 NOV 2014 | Getting Back in the Game

I'm starting up this blog again because I'm bored, and I liked doing it before.  I don't feel like talking about all the training and stuff that happened over the past year, so I'm not going to.  All I'm going to say is that I couldn't train for all of July, August, and September, and I've been slowly getting back in the gym for about a month, now.  Also, I have to incorporate running and swimming into my training.

My current training isn't really planned.  It's all "instinctive," as in whatever I feel like doing that day, but it's basically an upper/lower split.  I've tailored my selection of movements to take it easy on my hips and shoulders because I'm old.  My grip is closer on bench, and I'm doing Olympic squats, for example.

13 NOV 2014

DB Bench
110 x 6
80 x 12

DB Row
140 x 5
100 x 12

a) Behind the Neck Press
95 x 12
105 x 12, 10

I know this lift has a reputation for killing shoulders, but it feels better to me than traditional military press, so I do it.

b) Chest Supported Row
45 x 12
55 x 12, 10

a) Incline Cable Fly
40 x 12 x 3

b) DB Skull Crusher
35 x 12 x 3

a) Cable Pullover
some x 12 x 3

b) Wide DB Curl
30 x 12 x 3

As you've probably noticed, I'm really just trying to get swole.  I am trying to increase my lifts, but I'm not really pushing it.  I'm also trying to make my workouts a little more fast paced than they used to be, hence all the supersets.

14 NOV 14

Olympic Squat
315 x 5
275 x 5 (Paused)
225 x 12

Pollov Press (spelling?)

My lower days are pretty short.  I don't want to do that much because I have to balance this with running and swimming.  Still, progress is coming along slowly.  Everything is being done beltless, by the way.

2 comments: