06 July 2013

7.5.12 Madcow Squat

The most awesome song I've seen played live.  After over 20 years, Immolation still plays like they started yesterday.


This was the 3-rep day of Madcow squat.  I started very conservatively - about 5 weeks ago - since I hadn't done much raw squatting in quite some time, especially high bar.  The strength here actually seems to be growing faster than Madcow progresses.

Squat, high bar
295 x 5
335 x 5
365 x 3

Paused Squat, high bar
295 x 8

Paused Squat, low bar
295 x 8


Leg Press
200 x 12 x 2
400 x 12 x 3

Then, I thought I'd try some things I saw on Klokov's channel.

The ab exercise works as well as any other weighted situp variation.  I'll probably keep doing it because I got it from Russians, and that's cool.
The back exercise was very awkward until I figured out how to balance.  I like that it's isometric because, during most lifts, you hold your arch in an isometric way.  It's also quite hard on the glutes and fatigues the neck.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment