16 August 2013

08.16.13 Madcow squat: I DID IT.

MegaTomb is a blackened thrash metal band.  Metal Archives doesn't seem to know anything about them.


I didn't plan to try it today.  I'm not even sure what made me decide to do it.  It was one of those 'enough f@cking around' moments.

Squat
295 x 5
355 x 5
405 x 5

There it is, a major barrier broken.  It wasn't even that hard, for some reason.  You know I didn't plan this because I didn't even bring my camera!  My hip, though... Ouch.

Oly Squat
315 x 8 x 2

Still doing oly instead of regular paused squats because they're easier on the hip.

...And then I limped out of the gym.  I've found that more aggressive self myofascial release techniques are much more effective than a foam roller.  I used the end of a barbell today, and it felt great.

Unfortunately, I have to begin cutting today, temporarily.  I have a series of physicals in the next few weeks, and I really need to be under 200 lbs (I'm around 205 right now).  I'm expecting to be cutting for 3 weeks.  The next two weeks, I'm going to decrease the overall workload (since my calories will be down) by dropping a day and some assistance, but continue to lift heavy.  I might work in some very light cardio once or twice per week, which is a very depressing thought.

The original plan was to deload after two more weeks.  Let's see if I can make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment